Wednesday, June 29, 2011

June monthly report (my last!)

Where did half a year go?

Two years ago I joined Carbon Poker, mainly because it had badugi freerolls. I never deposited a penny on the site and almost forgot I still had the account. Then last weekend I fired up the site again to see what their wacky half-pot limit version of badugi was like. It was five-handed with antes instead of blinds. Often everyone would check pre-draw and the five players would draw a dozen or more cards between them. I never saw anyone bet less than the max (maybe you weren't allowed to) so it played out like a limit game but with limits that increased rapidly at each round. After watching some online poker (which is surely a bigger waste of time than playing it) I entered a hold 'em freeroll in a flashback to 2009. There were over 3000 entrants of which 24 got some kind of payout; blinds increased every seven minutes. Almost amusingly I sucked out left, right and centre only to finish 32nd.

I cashed out of both Stars and Full Tilt. The Stars cheque (in Aussie dollars) was sent via courier in double-quick time; in contrast Full Tilt needed a rather embarrassing photo of me holding a piece of ID, and sent the cheque (which I've yet to receive) by snail mail.

Well I made $61 in June (including a $50 bonus!) putting me $1414 ahead for 2011 and $9004 lifetime. This weekend I'll post about the whys of online poker, I promise :)

No comments:

Post a Comment