Saturday, October 1, 2011

September monthly report and the Tetris effect

September was a slightly frustrating month. My profit of $164 took my end-of-month bankroll to $467, nearly $100 off the high that I reached three weeks ago.

In the past few days on Twoplustwo there was some discussion of the Tetris effect. One of the posters in the thread (who, as it happens, won five figures in the recent WCOOP) assigns hand values to household objects. While I haven't suffered from the phenomenon to that extent, I do see deuce-to-seven hands all the time. Last night the rugby match between South Africa and Samoa drew a crowd of 29,734. Do I break that? At work I'll see a figure of $62,835 and hope it holds up. When I'm in my car I'll be following someone with 9874 on his number plate and wonder what positions I should open that from. Then just after I moved to Wellington I saw a trailer with the ultimate lowball hand.

Edit: The game between Wales and Fiji had an attendance of 28,476. Off the top of my head that's a number 15, which in rugby is a full-back :)

No comments:

Post a Comment