Sunday, April 1, 2012

March monthly report

It was back to winning ways for me in March. I made $168, taking my profit for the first quarter of 2012 to $237 and my bankroll to $1263. By way of comparison I made $1072 in the same period last year, but then I didn't have one of them job thingies and a property big enough for a whole family but without any of the family.

Maybe this is really obvious, but I've only just realised how much the level of my play depends on the state of my mental health (which for me varies considerably). When I'm depressed I don't start capping complete crap UTG in triple draw and discarding five, but say I have 84422 my blockers might not register, my play might become semi-robotic and I'll be largely oblivious to what my opponents are doing.

I've played a whole bunch of interesting hands in the last day or two. They might have been just as boring as ever; maybe my improved mental health made me care about them more. I'll post some of them here soon, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment