Saturday, December 31, 2011

December monthly report and 2011 annual review

I made $122 in December, playing on just ten days or so (and sometimes only a few hands), to take my bankroll to $1026. In 2011 I made $2439. A few hundred of that was from Full Tilt; I still hope I can get it (and my profits from late 2010 as well as my initial deposit) back. I never scaled the heights I reached in 2010, but I never got a big MTT payout and I had one of them job things to contend with for most of the year. For most of June and July I didn't play at all. Here is a chart showing my month-by-month profit in 2011:

Compare that to 2010. I honestly don't know how much I'll play in 2012. I'd like to say three hours on a Saturday morning and that'll be it, but I find the lure of a 24/7 gaming site, which includes games that I can beat, a little too much to resist, even when the opportunity cost of playing can be high. I'll admit that online poker is a means of relaxation for me. If I plonk $50 down on a poker table the worst that can happen is that I lose $50. In many areas of life that's far from true.

No comments:

Post a Comment