Saturday, January 1, 2011

December monthly report and 2010 annual review

December was another good month for me - I made $589, not bad considering I only played on 21 days. This took my overall profit to $7590. Virtually all of this profit - $7570 - came in 2010.

It was an interesting year for sure, far exceeding my expectations. Hell, I made more money from poker than from anything else. The SCOOP result in May was a massive stroke of good fortune and accounted for nearly two-thirds of my profit for the year. Here's a chart showing my month-by-month results. I hope my eleven straight winning months mean that May (off the map with a profit of $4801 for the month) wasn't a complete fluke:



Towards the end of the year I carved out a niche for myself, which was nice, but if I'm going to take the next step in 2011 there are two things I'll have to do:
1. Play bigger draw games. This will increase variance and probably create a few nasty red bars in the graph, but hopefully some nice tall blue ones too.
2. Learn new games. Badugi and single draw ain't gonna cut it. PLO8 is the most likely candidate right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment