Sunday, October 28, 2012

A real grind

It's been a very frustrating month. I haven't been able to get anything going. One good session is inevitably followed by an equally bad one. I've even played some 25c/50c badugi for the first time in two years, almost in desperation I guess, and I've been crushing that just like in 2010, so at least that's something. But at $1/$2 badugi, which is one of my bread-and-butter games, I've gone through whatever the opposite of a purple patch is. Maybe a yellow patch. This graph, showing my win rates over successive groups of (roughly) 2000 hands, gives you some idea:
For that latest group I only won 41% of my showdowns. In badugi if you're only winning 41% of showdowns over 2000 hands you will take a hammering.
I was hoping stud-8 could become one of those bread-and-butter games but it hasn't quite turned out that way so far. I'm marginally ahead over an admittedly small sample size.
Since I last posted, my bankroll has traded over a narrow range from the high $3000s (I mean close to $3100, not close to $4000) to the low $3200s. I'm currently at $3168. I'll post a monthly report (with hopefully a few interesting hands) in the coming days.

No comments:

Post a Comment