Saturday, November 17, 2012

MicroMillions misery?

I'm planning on playing the MicroMillions badugi tournament on Stars tonight. The buy-in is $3.30 and it starts at 10pm my time, just after I've finished babysitting my cousin's boys. I don't know why I'm playing a tournament that has the potential to be absolute purgatory, but there you go. The SCOOP tournament 2½ years ago in which I finished second, after a drawn-out heads-up battle, took just over 14 hours. This one also starts us all off with 125 big bets (!) but has shorter levels (10 minutes instead of 15). I'm expecting it to go nine hours. If I bomb out early I'll be quite happy. If I make the final table, likewise. Unfortunately there's a very real chance that I'll go deep and be eliminated on the bubble or for a tiny cash.

Edit: Yet another losing session at $1/$2 badugi. I have a knack for winning only the pots that don't really matter. Making a bad turn fold to two bets cold with a ten didn't help either. A suggestion for Stars: hands where you take part of the showdown winnings but make an overall loss on the hand should be excluded from the "won at showdown" stats. You're telling me I've won six of eleven at showdown, but three of those "wins" were tiny side pots that were hardly worth having.

No comments:

Post a Comment